Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Too Short Here and Too Soon Gone

I suspect I'm not alone in wanting, waiting, and wishing for summer, whose arrival says the calendar is today. Except, I actually savor the anticipation of spring becoming summer because I know from seven decades of experience just how quickly summer becomes autumn, and then winter returns. 

Without harshing your buzz, every day until late December from here on out will have just a little bit less daylight than its predecessor. Knowing that I look at today with one laughing and one crying eye. 


If it's sunny, I'll be wearing shades so you won't see my tears.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...