Thursday, January 26, 2023

Another Self-Inflicted Wound

I have no idea how many different ways we can inflict mortal harm on ourselves and/or one another but I'm sure it's a really long list and it seems to grow more expansive by the day.  

Perhaps because I, as often accused, lack imagination when public health officials some time ago were warning people of the danger of ingesting Tide pods, I thought this had to be a joke because no one could be this stupid.   

         

Except, of course, I'd forgotten all about the people who ate tablespoons of cinnamon, or duct taped themselves to walls as some sort of a challenge and how can I forget (and believe me, I've tried) a former President who thought we could successfully combat a disease he'd assured us would disappear like some sort of a miracle by ingesting or injecting bleach or taking a horse deworming medication. 

So I really shouldn't be surprised that dragon's breath, some sort of liquid nitrogen, is starting to thin out the herd. On the upside, it lessens the lines of those covering their faces in hot wax.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...