Sunday, January 22, 2023

You Only Live Once

I see myself as a cautionary tale who, as fate would have it, is of little to no interest to anyone else. At one time my thug name was God's Punchline. Please do not feel sorry for me, I'm very good at that all by myself and have always been incredibly competitive. It could get ugly and fast. Consider yourself warned.

I push the pedestrian crosswalk buttons while out and always wait until they turn green before crossing. I've gotten better at no longer yelling at people who either don't push at all or don't wait after pushing the button and just rush across the street. not because I've mellowed but because I either can no longer catch up to them and/or if I do catch up to them look so frail and frazzled they just figure I'm one of those old guys who yells at clouds. They're more often than not, correct.  

I have decided to live forever or die trying though with the medical maladies I've collected in just seven decades, the pursuit of immortality seems like a fool's errand. Perhaps just some more of that Irish kamikaze krazy that I exhibit at the worst possible times. 

My idea of living dangerously is cutting the tag off of a new mattress so I'm not sure what to make of these sports aficionados and I use that word very advisedly. Buckle up.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...