Thursday, January 19, 2023

Get Trucked

A glance at any highway or parking lot will confirm what you've long suspected: we are in love with our trucks (I don't actually own a truck, nor have I ever; I just like the sound of 'our trucks'). I do admire, despite their oft-gargantuan height, width, and size most full-size trucks even those whose beds are large enough to fit my not-too-tiny Subaru Forester ('think of the gas mileage' I tell my wife), though I will admit to having less enthusiasm for what the automotive industry calls 'light' trucks (I'm guessing 'small' is considered a pejorative term). 

I don't know. It just seems like a lot of money to pay for something that too often never leaves a paved surface and doesn't hold enough of anything that any friend will bother you to help them move. Unless, of course, that's the hidden appeal of small trucks. 

This brings me to an even nicheier niche small truck; an electric truck, made in China that costs about two thousand dollars and looks like Lego and Hot Wheels had a baby, the Chang Li Explorer.  

I think my favorite part is how you, the purchaser, are basically ALL the dealer prep. And look at the pieces of metal framing and pressed wood you can try to place in the flatbed later to take to the dump. Looks to me like even though the rear window is too small for a gun rack, you might be able to hang a few bullets up there.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...