Monday, January 23, 2023

I Almost Believe They Are Real

I suppose it could be considered a BGO, Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious, but I came across a report the other day online that, brace yourself, suggested that NOT EVERYTHING IS AS IT SEEMS ONLINE. 

Yes, pilgrim, there are lies, and damn lies as Harry Truman might say, and then aside from George Santos you have fabulists who make everything up to include most especially says the Social Catfish, the photos of the person with whom you are communicating.

I know. When the source of this information is something called Social Catfish it's quite alright to wonder just how much of what is going on is actually going on. I'll give them this, I am impressed with the degree of due diligence exercised in compiling a list of the one hundred most used photos. 

Almost all white, all women, all buxom, with some white guys in camo thrown in to slow the doom-scrolling. One thing crossed my mind looking at the top 100: a lot of these folks should file for NILs, Name, Image, and Likeness although that may only apply to high school and college athletes. 

As it is, the compilation has put me off looking at the sides of milk cartons forever. 
Assuming those are real.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...