Sunday, January 2, 2022

Not Even a Little Bit Creepy

I'm surrounded by technology I don't understand, and that's probably for the best because while I'm not especially fearful of it, I do know that if much of it were to become (or, in fact, already is) sentient, it would have little to fear from me. If intelligence were dynamite, I'd have barely enough to blow my own nose, if you follow my drift.

As a kid, I loved Disney audio-animatronics. They were as Brave New World as I could have ever imagined (or imagineered, as Walt himself might have said). From what I can figure out from this article, we're way beyond all of that now. 

Somehow, I'm not finding quite as much brave in this Brave New World as I did not so long ago. 
-bill kenny


No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...