Saturday, January 22, 2022

Not in Your Hand

At least in my mind, if not actually on my porch (especially in this weather) I spend a lot of time being that old guy who yells at clouds. The ironic thing in that, to me, being that is how I know, far better than any mirror could ever show me, how badly and rapidly I've aged. 

Back in my day, there were M&M's; of course, there were always M&M's, There was plain and there was peanut and that was all there was to that. Of course, I think we may already be at the designer flavor level now but I can't be sure because I haven't checked in with any Tik-Tok influencers, whatever the fuqq they are. 

But as I've learned in recent days, M&M's are more than candy, they're news. Seriously.

Except, no they're not.

Part of my ever-growing, Richard Cory-like unhappiness with the world as it is has little to do with the world as it ain't but rather our insistence and persistence on making everything on earth say and mean something even when it doesn't and shouldn't.

More and more, I'm thinking bring back 1985.
-bill kenny

No comments:

It's a Long Walk

Today is the birthday of our baby girl, Michelle. She was the smallest and most perfect person I had ever seen on the day of her birth. When...