Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Always in the Top Twenty

As we slide inexorably into Autumn, I start my transformation into Mister Morose. I've told you before and repeatedly that I don't like Autumn mainly because f what I know comes next. However, I will also admit that given the opportunity to relocate somewhere where the winters aren't so harsh or even more like rumors than realities, I wouldn't.

I grew up in New Jersey where we had all four seasons and Frankie Valli as well (I have waited my entire life to type that joke, and now I have to lie down) so the weather in Connecticut isn't all that different aside from not having morons ask me 'which exit?' 

But I was yesterday old before learning that there's actually a ranked compilation of the fifty United States by worst winter. Why do you think I'd make something like that up? You cut me to the quick. 

Right there, anchoring the Top Twenty is the Land of Steady Habits, but I love the (entire) comment, "All of the brutal parts of the New England winter with none of the ski perks. And yes, we’re counting Mohawk, Ski Sundown, AND Mount Southington."

And I'd always assumed some people liked the downhill stuff.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...