Monday, October 24, 2022

Time After Time

I come from a large family. I say that as if it were some kind of a personal achievement even though I know it's not. Today one of my numerous brothers is celebrating a birthday. Let's pretend I know how many and, in the interest of gallantry, choose to not share that with you. While we're at it, let's pretend I'm gallant. Anyway. Here's something I offered on a previous birthday and called it: 

Difference between Nuclear and Unclear Thinking

Today is the birthday of the United Nations. The Hallmark store was fresh out of UN Birthday cards the last time I checked though they may still have some (or lots of) Keepsake Ornaments. 

Why anyone thinks Star Trek, Tom and Jerry or Agent P have anything to do with a Christmas tree is beyond me but I'm not the one trying to sell stuff at an exorbitant markup for the holidays. Call before midnight tonight and we'll get your money faster!

Actually, if you want to drive into lower Manhattan today and double park in a fire lane, in honor of the UN's birthday I'm sure the NYPD is very understanding. Or not, especially not.

More importantly, though the UN Secretary-General may disagree, at least for me, is that today is my brother Kelly's birthday. Kelly, as you may recall my mentioning was, briefly, the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church. Okay, technically he was only almost the Pope but only because, as it turned out, not all bears do $hit in the woods all the time and on that technicality, the Curia decided otherwise.

And, it turns out, two of the electors may have been monkeys and their antipathy towards my brother knows no bounds. Or is it the other way? 

But despite the time and distance, we are still very close. We have the same slightly jaundiced view of the world; he is a New York Rangers devotee and I like Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger. 

So, later today, when you finally ransom your car back from the clutches of the NYPD impound lot(s) (kind of like a treasure hunt, where it's your own treasure you seek) find a place to watch cartoons and brace yourself for Bugs Bunny who, if he did not already exist when Kelly started to watch TV, he would've had to have been invented.
Happy Birthday!
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...