Thursday, October 13, 2022

Chuck Connors and Brian Kelly Would Be Amazed

We live not all that far from the Mystic Aquarium and over the course of our three decades in Southeastern Connecticut have visited on more than one occasion. I tell myself the visits are educational (and they are) but they're really entertaining as well (which is why I mostly go).

I don't spend a lot of time in their gift shop and am hesitant to ever visit their cafeteria lest I discover they have a fish filet sandwich on the menu adding a whole new meaning to Finding Nemo, but I'm a huge fan of the exhibits with the seals, the beluga whales, the orcas. and the dolphins though I do have a gnawing sense of guilt at how we hold these creatures in captivity ('but it's so humane,' we say to one another). 

That might be why this caught my eye, and a little bit of my heart, too. Faster than lightning.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...