Sunday, October 30, 2022

Bouzouki Sold Separately

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) has been in the news A LOT in the last couple of weeks and the discussion about the perils and genius of releasing what's proving to be millions of gallons of oil from it just drones on and on without any form of a conclusion (much like what happens around here on a daily basis). 

Based on what I paid for heating oil this past Thursday (5.64 a gallon for a total of over a grand's worth of heat that will last about two weeks), I'm thinking I should apply for membership in OPEC. I could argue my admission would further their goals of diversity (after all, infidels are people, too) and would point out I rarely if ever, read the Washington Post which might help me get in. Or not.   

As it turns out, here in the Land of the Round Doorknobs Where Seldom Is Heard a Discouraging Word we have a weapon far more potent than the SPR, even if it lacks an official (that strikes fear into the hearts of baddies) name. 

Good to know that if you come over all peckish while skimming through "Rogue Herries" by Hugh Walpole, Uncle Sam has got you covered.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...