Sunday, February 18, 2024

Pick Your Pocket. Full of Sorrow

I'm not suggesting cause and effect, but until last Tuesday morning, oh-dark-thirty, we had a relatively snow-free winter here in The Land of Steady Habits. The rain that started falling at about three in the morning as I prepared to get dressed to head to New London for spinal fusion surgery was a full-on snowstorm as we headed down Route 32 to Lawrence and Memorial Hospital a little after five. 

As near as I can determine, it snowed for a great deal of the day on Tuesday. I was otherwise occupied and can neither confirm nor deny those snowfall reports. 

I arrived home, after a stop at our pharmacy shortly after mid-day Wednesday, in time for my wife to open her card and present and for me to fall gratefully into our bed and sleep most of the rest of the day away. 

We had a dusting on Friday and a considerable bit more than that yesterday but on both occasions, the sun or something like it, took care of most of the accumulation, for which I'm grateful as I'm still supposed to be in B-L-T protocol, which is to say no bending, no lifting, and no twisting. And hold the Mayo, Clinic and condiment.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...