Saturday, February 24, 2024

Steppin' Out

Yesterday was a big day, sort of, for me. I put on actual shoes (okay, sneakers) and went outside for the first time since coming home from the hospital last Wednesday afternoon after spinal fusion surgery. 

A procedure, with the benefit of hindsight I will concede that is probably easier to bounce back from in your fifties instead of waiting until you're nearly seventy-two. Something about the road less traveled is what makes it appealing.

I've been assured by my surgeon and his team I will make a complete recovery which I take to include also putting on my own socks and shoes without help. I'm glad I mastered underpants and trousers first. And so are my neighbors.
-bill kenny 


No comments:

Ruminating about Roosevelt

I have some random and not especially original observations before Monday night’s Second Public Hearing on the City Budget.  Theodore Roosev...