Friday, June 28, 2024

Man, You Let Your Face Grow Long

I started shaving daily as part of puberty at some point in my teens. 

I used to borrow my father's unused electric shaver, switching at some point later to a Wilkinson single-blade razor never really working up the nerve to use the Gillette Blue Blades, a ceramic mug filled (with a handle) with a shaving cream cake, and a badger hair shaving brush that he mastered. 

I was in awe of that set-up and in the course of over five decades since I have tried at least three dozen or so different razors/blades you could imagine. I've done the five blades with an edger that are now so expensive, stores keep them in pilfer-proof cases because thieves help themselves and turn their ill-gotten gains into quick cash. 

I've even tried to use a single edge blade like Dad's and now that I no longer work-let me rephrase that-now that I'm retired-I don't shave every day but often go three or more days but the single edge blade still scares the willies out of me. 

I thought viewing a video on how the blades are made would help steady my nerves. Instead, now I'm also afraid of YouTube. <Goo goo g'joob>
-bill kenny   

No comments:

And Nothing to Get Hung About

It looks like that Brave New World we grew up hoping and praying for is about to take over, and us along with it. Buckle up, Buttercup.  Wat...