Saturday, June 15, 2024

See You Later, Pollinator

It took one whole growing season, but most of our lawn is clover this year. Last summer I bought pounds and pounds of clover seed and was somewhat disappointed with how the lawn didn't fill in. What I was missing was patience. 

I also need patience while mowing our lawn now, because, by design, it attracts bees and insects I think are bees (an entomologist am I not). We have an electric mower so I'm not sure they can hear creeping up on them. 

I keep a sharp lookout as I mow since I can appreciate the irony of my murdering them in the clover patches I planted to attract them, but I suspect they wouldn't see that at all.   

I am a big believer in Give Bees a Chance and the better that we are at that, the better off we could be. There's an exhibit currently in a Liverpool museum that I'll never get to see but I wish I might that makes a cogent argument for the importance of bees.

The article seems to me to be engaging and informative if not quite the full Monty 
-bill kenny
 

No comments:

Just Desserts

The cliche goes, 'You are what you eat."  As this CNN feature reveals, I am 9 of 20, sorry Jeri Ryan , and not much higher.   And ...