Thursday, June 27, 2024

Tonight's the Night

Cynic that I am, CNN's debate at nine (DST) tonight between President Biden and Felon45 Trump is almost like a car crash as opposed to must-see TV. 

In theory, the agreed-upon rules should keep the (not exactly) ninety-minute Greatest Show on Earth from going off the rails, but I'm not as sanguine about that as I could be, based on previous experiences involving the Orange Shit Heel.

To be honest, I'm not sure that if CNN had required the drug tests that at one point Trump was claiming he wanted because of Biden's State of the Union Address, Pantload45 would have passed (Adderall does show up on drug tests, Cadet Bone Spurs, just FYI). I'm still expecting the Coward-in-Chief to duck tonight's broadcast altogether while claiming he has tooth spurs or some such stupid shit (and his followers will eat it up with a spoon). 

Not sure how many open minds will watch/listen to tonight's debate or the snippets that will air on every possible platform from a minute after it ends until the start of the second debate, assuming there is a second one.   

Realizing it's a minor sartorial detail but knowing Trump was so pleased with Melania's 2016 Pussy Bow maneuver, I'm wondering if I might interest President Biden in a slightly more creative cravat.

Something tells me we might need a bigger debate stage.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

And Nothing to Get Hung About

It looks like that Brave New World we grew up hoping and praying for is about to take over, and us along with it. Buckle up, Buttercup.  Wat...