Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Ruts and Graves

I had a rather raucous and thoroughly unpleasant visit with my endocrinologist the latter part of last week. He reminds me a lot of Gru from "Despicable Me" both physically and how he talks not that I think it's the world's greatest idea to ever tell him that unless I'd like to start taking all of my prescriptions as enemas, and I think he'd be the guy to do just that.

My endocrinologist is, beneath his gruff exterior, the possessor of a gruff interior but he has great taste in reading materials and wound up, as we spoke about state of mind influences on your state of health, reminding me of both a marvelous former fellow traveler here on the Big Blue Marble, Portia Nelson, and my favorite non-story about urban renewal, There's a Hole in My Sidewalk. Lather, rinse, repeat.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Brevity Is the Soul of Something

I love words and have my entire life, I've watched with a cautious disdain rivaling Richard Cory's as we've devolved from words ...