Saturday, August 3, 2024

Following Newman's Advice

I like to think of myself as a 'getting along by going along' kind of guy, except I'm actually not. 

I more closely resemble an unreconstructed butthead on any manner of topics from music (what I like is great but what you like may not be), religion (my God can beat up your God), to politics (I just don't think a thirty-four time convicted felon who has also been found guilty of sexual assault and defamation of character, should be wandering around free, much less as a presidential candidate of a major political party, at least NOT in the US).   

My heart beats on the left side of my body and my politics follows my heart. As the bald spot on the top of my head gets larger (I like to think of it as a solar panel, powering a sex machine but who am I kidding, right?) I've taken to wearing ball caps. I have quite a collection of bands, and sports teams as well as more than a few espousing causes I feel strongly about including Vote Vets, Legalize Voting, and Make America Not Embarrassing Again

Not that long ago, I added another statement cap that I've been slightly reticent to wear out and about at the risk of injuring the easily bruised feelings of MAGATs and Evangenitals. 

Funny thing about those feelings. 

Coming out of our local supermarket last Friday morning I passed an older-than-me gentleman (they do exist) on his way in with a cap that pretty much resolved any ambiguity I might have had about upsetting people.

Thanks for clearing that up. 

As for all the hoodless Klansmen who think DEI as the New Orange Is the New Black, as we both know, DJT is 100% DEI, Didn't Earn It. And, let me give you a pronunciation tip for her first name: it's President (prez-i-duhnt) Harris.

Order yours

And FWIW, it's Randy Newman's advice I'm following.
-bill kenny

 

No comments:

Brevity Is the Soul of Something

I love words and have my entire life, I've watched with a cautious disdain rivaling Richard Cory's as we've devolved from words ...