Saturday, August 17, 2024

What the Cat Dragged in

Arriving the other day in my email folder, having somehow eluded the spam filter, was this missive:  

I am a huge believer in the Edifice Complex (calm down, Sophocles, I didn't type Oedipus). That is, build me a big, impressive front and i won't be too troubled by the lack of depth.

That said, I did a tiny bit of digging to learn more about the Fair Election Fund and more specifically, who pays for its existence. I was quite taken by "The fund...doesn’t appear on searches of the federal Internal Revenue Service or Federal Election Commission websites." 

Made me feel a LOT better that I had replied to their inquiry with neither a "Yes" nor a "No," but rather with a GFY. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Brevity Is the Soul of Something

I love words and have my entire life, I've watched with a cautious disdain rivaling Richard Cory's as we've devolved from words ...