Sunday, September 22, 2024

Don't Know Why

I watched with apprehension and a vague sense of unease at the calendar as I turned it from August to September and now that the day and the reason have arrived, I'm still not ready: the start of autumn, 

I'd like to think I'm braced for what's to come but I know I'm not.  And spare me the 'To every season,' I'm not listening. I do not enjoy any aspect of this new season which the calendar says starts today but around here began a bit earlier as the trees prepared for it at some point a couple of weeks ago.

The leaves silently depart as the light of day grows shorter and the winter of our discontent approaches on cat's feet.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Just Desserts

The cliche goes, 'You are what you eat."  As this CNN feature reveals, I am 9 of 20, sorry Jeri Ryan , and not much higher.   And ...