Friday, September 6, 2024

I Don't Know if I'm Dying or About To Be Born

Coincidence, said Albert Einstein, is God's way of remaining anonymous. A couple of weeks ago, arriving by mail, was David Crosby's final album in this life, For Free. 

It's brilliant but what first attracted me was the reports of a collaboration between Croz and Donald Fagan, two more (to my mind) disparate musicians I could not imagine. That song, Rodriguez for a Night, was what whetted my appetite to finally buy the album some three years after its release. And in light of his passing, it makes this song transcendently beautiful.    

Now, about the coincidence part I referred to earlier.
Sitting at my computer while listening to Crosby's album through my hearing aids (this is, after all, the age of miracles and wonder), wandering across the internet, I found the onlyvistonce.com website.

I think Al was on to something, I really do.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Brevity Is the Soul of Something

I love words and have my entire life, I've watched with a cautious disdain rivaling Richard Cory's as we've devolved from words ...