Monday, September 16, 2024

No Single Drop of Rain

I take a lot of static from folks while I'm out walking when I stop to pick up discarded litter of almost all kinds (I draw the line on sharps and dog shit, but everything else is fair game) and the common refrain I hear is, 'you shouldn't have to do that!'

Except somebody should but nobody does.

Not my job. Who of us doesn't say it? 

Except it is our job to be decent human beings, watch out for one another, and care for this planet and its creatures and the creation entrusted to us.

Some of us, it seems, didn't get the memo

I know, who cares? AmIrite?
-bill kenny

No comments:

Brevity Is the Soul of Something

I love words and have my entire life, I've watched with a cautious disdain rivaling Richard Cory's as we've devolved from words ...