Monday, September 16, 2024

No Single Drop of Rain

I take a lot of static from folks while I'm out walking when I stop to pick up discarded litter of almost all kinds (I draw the line on sharps and dog shit, but everything else is fair game) and the common refrain I hear is, 'you shouldn't have to do that!'

Except somebody should but nobody does.

Not my job. Who of us doesn't say it? 

Except it is our job to be decent human beings, watch out for one another, and care for this planet and its creatures and the creation entrusted to us.

Some of us, it seems, didn't get the memo. 

I know, who cares? AmIrite?
-bill kenny

No comments:

Emptying the Ocean with a Teaspoon

Given the summer we had in these parts, we should see a reasonably sedate autumn, with local voters paying close attention to the issues at ...