Thursday, September 26, 2024

Some of Us Do Look Like What We've Been Through

I stare at my face every morning so the nearly invisible but always subtle signs of aging are harder for me to pick up in myself. When I encounter an acquaintance I've not seen in a while even though I (and they) always say, 'You're looking Great!' both of us are really lying. 

I saw a photo recently of former President Obama and was a bit nonplussed at how he has aged. Spending eight years in the hardest and most stressful job in the world can do that to you, I understand, but to my eyes, he seems to have aged faster since leaving office than he did while he was still behind the Resolute Desk.  

Remember being kids and not being able to wait until we were all grown? Yeah, it would be nice to have some wishes back again, right? But while aging is a constant the actual process of aging accelerates at varying speeds and while it might have been helpful to know this before now, here's some insight that's too late for me but perhaps not for you

"Cellular Senescence." And all this time I thought it was the name of a band.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Just Desserts

The cliche goes, 'You are what you eat."  As this CNN feature reveals, I am 9 of 20, sorry Jeri Ryan , and not much higher.   And ...