Saturday, January 31, 2015

One Tin Soldier Rode Away

I'm a little late to the party since I didn't pay any attention to him when he last ran for President, though everyone at Fox News did, and I hadn't paid much mind this time around as he was playing should I stay or should I go.

I'm speaking of Mitt Romney, of course, the former Governor of Massachusetts who brought universal access to healthcare to his Commonwealth that is regarded by many as a model for the Affordable Care Act so that not too many years later, as his party's candidate for President, he could disown it at least three times before the Tea Party (the other one, not the one in Boston Harbor) could call upon him to promise to deconstruct it. You have to admire that kind of eagerness.

Anyway, that's all that's really left to do as Mitt announced yesterday he would not seek the 2016 Republican Party nomination for President. I'm not quite clear on what his response would be if that nomination were to be thrust upon him (in a party of Palin, Cruz and Paul, stranger things have happened) and I hope you can forgive me when I tell you I pray we don't find out.

As to the burning question rattling through the former party of Abe Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt, who will speak for wealthy white guys yearning to own a political office, the answer is obvious: all the other occupants of the electoral clown car.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Now and Zen

Our local supermarket, feeling the competitive pressure no doubt of an Arkansas retail chain in a business where profit margins often disapp...