Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Dominus, Go Frisk 'Em

I was baptized a Roman Catholic, received First Holy Communion, as well as Confirmation. In recent decades (ie since Jack Perry drowned in an icy river in Greenland in the summer of '76 for reasons eluding all efforts on my part to understand), the Lord and I have agreed to see other people. 

I bite my lip and/or change the channel/turn the page when there's a story in the news about some religious leader telling the rest of us how to lead our lives since I don't take kindly to hypocrisy and/or bullshit especially when, in this country, it comes from folks affiliated with a tax-exempt organization who have, too often I think, forgotten all about the 'render unto Caesar' advice they received a long time ago. 

We have coast to coast Mega-Churches that for the most part seem to be MAGA Churches, looking at you, Joel Osteen, and cathedrals of more traditional religions that I sometimes wonder if God. Her/Himself would even recognize. 

As a rock and roll kid, I recall Eddie Money's If I Could Walk on Water; little did he know.  

The pool ain't in but the patio's dry. God's little acre's up for sale.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...