Monday, February 14, 2022

The Cry of the River

When I retired almost three and a half years ago, I thought it would allow me more time to be with my wife, whether she liked that idea or not. Just to make sure, I didn't actually ask her since I have never dealt well with rejection. 

Today is one of my most favorite days of the year for two reasons: another day above ground and, first and foremost, with the person who makes me want to try to be the best person I can be but who still loves me when, as is always the case, I fail.  

Never mind the flowers, the chocolates, the incredibly clever pop-up cards that inflate into dirigibles flying over a fifty-piece marching band behind a float that says 'I Love You.' 

On our wedding day

Today and every day we have remaining, "hold me close honey say you're forever mine And tell me you'll be my lonely valentine."
-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...