Sunday, February 27, 2022

Looks Nothing Like Terry

No matter how much snow falls in the course of any and every winter I make it a point of pride to always clear not only the sidewalk in front of, and the walkway too, our house but also the street as well. 

Not just because I'm a little ADHD (though, yes, there are snowstorms when I do stand outside with a shovel and attempt to clear the flakes as they fall and touch down on the ground) but because somewhere deep in my heart of hearts I'm hoping if I keep the space clean and clear the Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol van will have room to park. 

I've loved everything about those giveaways since the days that Dick Clark and Ed McMahan were spokespersons even though I think that was for the 'other guys' but I don't remember who the other guys were or if they're even still in business. 

In much the same way as I edged towards the TV screen as a child and repeated, 'Don't die Tinkerbelle!' I believe in every aspect of the Prize Patrol (most especially the ballons) and while I know all about Terry Bradshaw and/or Steve Harvey as spokespersons, I didn't know bupkus about Howie Guja except that his fraternal twin is not named Harry Krishna.   

I confess I loved the story so much that in my next life, if possible I'd like to come back as Howie, or if that's not possible, as one of the recipients of Howie's checks, the bigger the better with lots of zeroes.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...