Saturday, February 12, 2022

I Waved Goodbye to My Other Life

I'm nearing the beginning of my seventieth year here on The Big Blue Marble and the inexorable march of time and the gallant though losing battle with ailments, illnesses, and injuries finds me more often melancholy and morose than is my wont as my Natal Anniversary approaches.

As a kid, when I had the world figured out, I decided I could be the President of the United States, a baseball player, a cowboy, and an astronaut all at the same time. As the years have unwound, the number of people I could be has continued to shrink until it's just me, as I am.

Not the most impressive or reassuring sight in the mirror every morning, I'll concede, especially when the wired world brings me picture postcards from paths I could have chosen, but chose not to, despite their breathtaking beauty   

I'm not anywhere. I'm here. For now and, I guess, forever.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...