Thursday, February 10, 2022

No Bloody Vikings Were Harmed

My wife is a far more adventurous diner than I am or will ever be who loves SPAM.  She will enjoy it with fried or scrambled eggs as breakfast or as any other meal and at any time. 

Neither of us cares much for the other kind of spam that the orange asshat from Mar-A-Lago probably thinks of as alternative e-mail (actually Meth-head Conway probably calls it that).

Think of it as the worst of both worlds

Sigrid insists that the fine folks from Hormel have created something that is much better than its reputation and that's as maybe but for my part, I'm in no hurry to ever find out. And I'm even less of a fan of potted meat whose existence and origins are best filed under 'don't ask, don't tell.' 

With all the attention in recent days on podcasts (I always think of Stan Freberg calling records, 'pay radio,' and wonder if he'd see podcasts in the same light), I fell over a 100% Joe Rogan-free podcast about SPAM that I found fascinating.   

Though I am wondering if Terry Jones and Michael Palin were as amused. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...