Friday, February 11, 2022

You'll Have to Make Your Own Bed

My wife and I have a houseful of furniture from IKEA. We would NOT have such a situation if I had to assemble any of it as I have so little mechanical aptitude I can barely get the flat packs open that the furniture comes in.

For many years in our house, either my wife or our daughter, who has her mother's looks and mechanical aptitudes and my eyebrows, did all the assembling; and a fine job of it they did. We had IKEA furniture when we lived in Germany and it was shipped across the ocean to our home here in The Nutmeg State. 

Until we had an IKEA in New Haven, right off I-95, and another one in the wilds somewhere in Western Massachusetts that we went to once but not ever again, we used to drive to Elizabeth, New Jersey because that's where the nearest IKEA was in relation to our house. Yep, we're fans, but there's a lot about IKEA I never knew, or in this case, cared to know. 

See what I mean? What's that about the truth will set you free? Hell. Not even the birds are free. They are chained to the sky.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...