Thursday, February 24, 2022

Lucy Meets Bill W

Coming of age in the latter part of the Swinging Sixties, I was often confronted by social situations with recreational activities that had one of two paths, psychedelic or alcoholic. 

I'm confident that the statute of limitations applies to whatever my choices were back then but as a father of two grown children whose gaze I'd like to be able to continue when/if we gather for holiday meals, we'll treat my personal history as read and thank you for your understanding (and/or lack thereof). 

There were as we all knew the joys of better living through chemistry and the joys of juicing. I was more than a bit gob-smacked the other day to learn that Bill Wilson, the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, was a more frequent sojourner on a variety of roads less traveled

Sometimes, when you don't know where you're going any road will do.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Man or Mouse?

We see ourselves as the self-anointed 'Crown of Creation.' I'm surprised more of us don't have dislocated shoulders from pat...