Thursday, July 21, 2022

And What Do I Get for My Pain?

As kids, we went to a dentist in East Brunswick, New Jersey, who had a large aquarium in his waiting room (along with a collection of incredibly old Highlights magazines (Goofus and Gallant were always my favorite part of that magazine)). 

The office had wood paneling (very popular in the 1960s on all kinds of surfaces and items including Ford station wagons and Jeep Wagoneers) with thick pile carpeting. The aquarium was, at least for me, the best part of the visit even though I never had cavities or needed braces so I had nothing to fear. 

It might have been my introduction to developing an appreciation for nature. 

Maybe that's why I found this report on Monarch butterflies entrancing, especially when considering the technology used to capture and compile the imagery.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Short, Sweet, and Sad

Not gonna lie. I missed it and I'll bet you missed it, too.  I'm talking about the recently concluded Texas Sandfest .  As a kid who...