Tuesday, April 11, 2023

As NOT Seen on Doc Martin

I watched every second of every minute of every episode of Doc Martin, the prequel movies, the holiday specials, and everything that was bundled together and trundled out to view. I adored every aspect of the show and rewatch it repeatedly as I know there will be no more. Ever.

The acting, the writing, and perhaps most importantly, the setting, a fictitious village in the Cornwall district of Great Britain all had a part in making the show memorable and appointment viewing not just for me but for millions around the world. 

However, I think the show had one serious shortcoming: its depiction of the seagulls and the waterfowl that populate the region. 

Somewhere, I suspect Alfred Hitchcock is smiling (but clutching his sammich with both hands).
-bill kenny 

 

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...