Saturday, April 29, 2023

I Take My Twist with a Shout

I was not yet a teenager when The Beatles took America by storm. Without older brothers or sisters, I didn't have any folk music mutations to struggle through while The Fab Four and all who crossed over the bridge they built from the UK to the US were reinventing pop music.  

I truly believed those groups had invented electric guitars. The vinyl library I have now stretches to a bit over eight thousand albums, and about a thousand or so compact discs, and I've learned a lot of history of the music I love along the way. 

And as the scholar of holler and rock and roll that I am, when I found this very thoughtful piece on The End of the Music Business, I wanted to share it with you.

Not sure if I agree or not with the author's conclusions, but we're still a free country (so far) so I'm thinking, to each his own.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...