Thursday, April 13, 2023

Doesn't Look a Day Over Thirty-Five

I know, 'wish I could say that about myself.' Since I am already twice that, I'll hold my tongue, which is quite an accomplishment to which those who've met me will attest. 

But the truth of the matter is that I am NOT the Birthday person, here. 

Rather, hoist a glass of something bubbly (or not) to the fiftieth birthday (as of last Monday) of the Universal Product Code. It is as ubiquitous as Chickenman (an old radio joke). And while unarguably not as amusing, vastly more useful.

Since I specialize in finding the grey cloud surrounding the silver lining, I can uneasily foresee a day when a UPC appears on our birth certificates, to say nothing of on our foreheads
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...