Sunday, April 16, 2023

Operators Standing By (I Can Only Assume)

I think I'm just about out of words to describe my exasperation and animus when the topic of the 45th President of the United States comes up. 

In fairness, to him (and me), I had no words left for him by the time he rode the escalator down in his very own office building into the hearts and minds, more or less, of his fellow Americans.

His shenanigans and machinations from that day until just about now constantly and consistently redefine the German phrase, fass ohne boden even as he remains an arsch mit ohren (aber sehr klein, genau wie seine hände).   

I am always prepared to believe the absolute worst about him and have through the years been only occasionally disappointed, 

This money grab is as real as the day is long and is aimed squarely at those who get upset that their favorite beer now has a rainbow on the cans.  

I bought a pair of the Trump Meets Kim commemorative coins some years back because I knew the day would come when I could see the humor in that 'historic moment.' I still haven't but I can dream, right? 

If the White House Gift Shop were smart, they'd throw in a couple of those fabulously famous Trump Steaks to sweeten the deal. And for those who are enticed by their current offering, remember: call before midnight; that way they'll get your money even faster.
-bill kenny  

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...