Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Another Day in the Land of the Round Doorknobs

I'm guessing perhaps because I'm old and crotchety and my lumbago is acting up today that whole "Good guy with a gun will stop a bad guy with a gun" mantra isn't so much an exercise in optimism as just outright bullshit. 

It's been a year since Uvalde, Texas, and the murderous rampage at Robb Elementary School. 

I know, 'how quickly we forget.' Not all of us.

The Lone Star State isn't alone in permitless carry which I'm sure someone, somewhere, thinks is an important aspect of maintaining their freedoms. In a nation with more firearms than people, by a  wide margin, why is it we insist more guns will somehow reduce the carnage of gun violence? 



That's NOT magical thinking; it's insanity.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...