Sunday, May 7, 2023

Bob Hope Is Crooning Softly Somewhere

I've only experienced prom season watching our son and then our daughter prepare for theirs and that was in every respect of the word enough for me. I didn't go when I was in high school (it was an all-boys school so who would have had me then, or now, come to think of it?) and I never really grasped the origins of the word in the first place. But 'back then' we didn't have Google and now we do, so now I know.  

Knowledge is intoxicating, isn't it? I can still feel my legs wobble after that promenade through etymology. Heady stuff. 

Limousines, horse-drawn carriages, a parent's fancy car, you name it, and someone's child has experienced it unless you're Sherman Bynum. whose idea of arriving for the prom in a Sherman tank was almost as original as his crowd-funding page to pay for the tank rental. 

I'm sure everyone involved was tankful for the opportunity to be part of an iron-clad memorable moment.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...