Tuesday, May 9, 2023

I Often Say this on the Way to Derby or Westerly

The older I get, the better I was, so with that in mind, come to your own conclusion when I tell you that at one point in my travels and travails on this orb, I had a better-than-average sense of direction (and purpose, come to think of it). 

Not a Boy Scout Merit Badge level of exceptionalism mind you but I could listen to and understand directions and use them to find locations.


Now, I spend a lot of time in the car explaining to my wife 'I thought you meant the next left-hand turn under the overpass' as we sail past whatever exit or entrance we were supposedly heading for. And yes, we have Google Maps and it is every bit as wonderful as advertised but for some odd reason, it doesn't seem to like me and enjoys making me look foolish in the presence of my spouse. Of course that both saddens and maddens me as I need so little help in that department.  

With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien, perhaps not all who wander are lost, but in my case, very much so.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...