Sunday, May 21, 2023

Maybe It Is the Journey

Growing up in the Sixties I often heard 'It's the journey, not the destination.' Admittedly, that was mostly when Dad got lost on the way to one place or another (in my case, as my family knows, the apple did not fall far from the tree). 

When it happened, Mom used to say we were taking the scenic route. They made quite a team and it was only much later I more fully appreciated that. But as for that particular turn of phrase, 'the scenic route,' I think this may be what everyone was supposed to be talking about. 

Makes you sort of sorry this has ended for today, right? At least sort of.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...