Monday, May 1, 2023

"I Am I, and I Wish I Wasn't"

If you realized from where I borrowed today's title, you may have already surmised that this will not be a snappy, sappy, yippee-skippy hooray it's Monday type of entry. And you would be correct. 

At the risk of sounding like the last of the steam-powered trains, I am more and more less and less enthralled with what 21st Century technology hath wrought. New is not always better and when I watch us adapt our humanity to complement extant technology I get nervous.

But when we deploy evolving technology to duplicate and replicate (literally as well as figuratively) our humanity, I do worry more than wonder where this is going and how it ends. I am taking some solace that in my advanced and advancing years, the end game will in all likelihood be accomplished ohne mich. 

Soon enough, we won't be able to tell one another from the machines we once controlled that now control us. And somehow once achieved, this will be considered a success.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...