Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Here's to the Peck & Snyder No. 1

As the bald spot on my head inexorably grows larger (I used to refer to it as a solar panel designed to power my brain but folks quickly saw through the farce of that explanation), I've developed a fondness for wearing ballcaps.

Not necessarily baseball caps, but when I do wear one of those it's for the Yankees. In recent weeks I've been mostly wearing my VoteVets cap or a soft, nearly denim-blue colored cap that says "I'm old, but I'm like, cool old." 

I have a collection that's much larger than I first thought and which Sigrid, my wife, has brilliantly organized and includes caps from Backstreets magazine, HBO's The Newsroom, a Legalize Voting ballcap I like to wear around election time, one in support of James McMurtry even though he never comes anywhere near my house so I can see him live (HINT), one or more Beatles ballcaps, as well as one from FC Bayern Munich, and one from Rhein-Main Air Base (spellcheck sticks a dash in there though there isn't actually one supposed to be there).

This makes more sense once you read the article

A recurring favorite is a soft brown ballcap, exclusive of ornamentation as we used to say in the Air Force, from a company called Lift-down (that does have a dash, go figure) and it was that ball cap that led me to this collection of thoughts and words on ballcaps

And, not so coincidentally, that article is why I love the Internet. You wander down a rabbit hole and take one or more side excursions and the next time you look up from your screen it's three days later and all the plants in your living room have died because you didn't water them. But, damn! That ball cap looks sweet!
-bill kenny

No comments:

Marlin Perkins Approved

John Lennon had a hit, post-Beatles, with Whatever Gets You Through the Night , his only #1 as a solo artist, which featured Elton John. The...