Saturday, August 22, 2026

Shame on Us

Not the most cheering of news headlines yesterday at so many levels
I won't bore you with the specifics
.

Being a half-full glass kind of guy, I'd point out the Navy is considering doing something it should have done decades, if not a lifetime, ago, recommending MA2 Miller for the Medal of Honor. 

But the grey cloud around that silver lining is the suggestion that the renaming would honor our current Commander-in-Chief, the one who holds those who've served in the military in such low regard he worked as hard as at any time in his life to avoid joining them. 


I think that, should the renaming occur, there could be pickleball courts instead of a flight deck. Surely, that activity wouldn't aggravate the CinC's bone spurs. 



-bill kenny

No comments:

One or the Other

Leaf peeping isn't the only thing we do in New England in Autumn.  Upper Yantic Falls, Norwich, Connecticut Not everyone has the time to...