Thursday, October 23, 2025

Napkins Optional

There was at the turn of the century a marvelous if disquieting book, and later a movie, called Fast Food Nation.  In recent years/decades I've scaled way back on my McDrivethru habit though I will confess to having breakfast burritos at Mickey D's earlier this week because I had time, was near one and had a hankering (a word not often found in mixed company anymore).

I have no idea how many fast food places there are in the USA or even in just where I live, Connecticut, and I haven't yet lost any sleep over which states might be considered to have the most fast food places per capita. But as is the case in information-rich-but-knowledge-poor America, somebody knows.

And now you do, too. (You got a little schmutz on your chin there.)
-bill kenny

No comments:

Lest We Forget

Sometimes important stuff gets lost in the revelry. This is Labor Day 2026, and we need to consider where we are and where we would be if th...