Wednesday, November 19, 2025

Picture This

I used to take a lot of pictures with the camera on my cell phone. I would never call myself a 'photographer,' mainly because I'm lucky to have acquaintances who are actually photographers, and I wouldn't want to insult them with the comparison.

Two years ago, I bought a drone whose controls were supposedly an application I loaded onto my then-cellphone. I never got it to work. I still have that purchase sitting in a box on the mantel above the fireplace that isn't really a fireplace. 

About a year ago, I bought another drone, this time with a separate controller that has nothing to do with my cellphone. I still haven't worked up enough nerve to open the box it came in. I'm waiting, I suspect, for one of our technologically gifted children to visit us, and then I'll ask them to set it up.

Why? Because of pictures like these.
Not that I will ever capture images like them, but I can tell myself, I might.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Lest We Forget

Sometimes important stuff gets lost in the revelry. This is Labor Day 2026, and we need to consider where we are and where we would be if th...