It's a little more than three weeks until Election Day, and I can't wait for it to get here and then be gone. It's not because I don't believe in democracy or whatever version we have; I do. Growing up in Jersey, we were taught to vote early and often. One of which I still do.
I'm exhausted from all the commercials that pop up not only on television but on all sorts of social media platforms. In my case, all of them are a waste, as I voted absentee last Saturday.
I don't know what the people running for office near your house are spending to get elected in order to represent you (ayup) but I have feelings of inadequacy when I look at the totals here in The Land of Steady Habits that I might not be worth it.
I mean, who spends millions of dollars running as 'anti-Washington' to be elected to go to Washington? Did I miss something? When did 'I know you are, but what am I?' become an approved debate format?
Your mail person will be filing for a work-related disability by the time the election season is over, if our mailman's daily load is any indication. And if you're running for office in my area, 'load' is the correct term and I'll leave it at that.
Open question: is anyone anywhere engaged in a campaign seeking to identify the root causes of our national economic dysfunction and moral and ethical malaise and then offering a plan to address them?
Oops, as Mom would say, 'don't ask the question if you can't stand the answer.'
-bill kenny
No comments:
Post a Comment