Monday, November 5, 2007

Vote for Me and I'll fix everything.....

...I've already fixed the election. ;-)

What will we all do with our front lawns come Wednesday morning when they are, for all practical purposes, naked to the world? Okay, most of us will have some grass, or a grass-like covering (in my lawn's case), and some random fallen leaves as the fall grows colder and winter creeps closer. And there shall fall soft rains. Mr. Bradbury, where are you now when we really need you?

We'll no longer have the hundreds, into the thousands, of law signs for anyone and everyone that started popping up across the city, the region, the state and probably the country, as Labor Day neared. Instead of talking to one another, or better yet, speaking with those who sought our votes, we attached bumper stickers to cars, front yard windows, book bags and small children.

Hand on my heart, if you'd asked me for whom I was voting, I would have known who my choices are, but I wouldn't tell you because you need to make your own decisions, based on your own view of the issues. I am always concerned with how those seeking city council positions (and higher) feel about pony rides in observance of birthdays. I'm NOT saying it's the deal-breaker, by any means, but it's as important as what town and state a candidate grew up in or what color her/his ears, or hair are. (More or less).

Whatever you use to make your decisions and arrive at your choices, tomorrow is the day to let your choice be heard as your choice is made. Don't vote for those whom you think will win-vote for those whom you want to be in positions of responsibility. And if you're unhappy with your choices as you enter the polling place, it's a cinch you'll be even MORE unhappy on your way out. If that happens, come home and head for your bathroom and stare at the person in the mirror and give your reflection a piece of your mind.
And then promise to not ever again leave the matter of governing to anyone other than those with whom you feel a bond and have developed a trust.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

At seven-plus decades here on the Big Blue Marble, I am perhaps inordinately proud of having very nearly all my own teeth and hardly any cav...