Friday, January 25, 2019

Gonna Need a Bigger Ballot

We have what feels like forever until the next time we vote for President, assuming we turn out to vote (which seems to be a problem endemic and nearly unique to American democracy) but the number of folks already seeking at least the Democratic Party nomination may shortly outnumber the total number of eligible voters. 

I just hope we all realize that with the election being held in 2020 it's on all of us to clearly see what we are voting on and for whom. As of earlier this week here's who's in and here's who's expected to get in


In 2016 I was less than enthralled with the candidate the Democrats put forward and while I supported the choice, by casting a ballot, my heart wasn't in it. In light of what happened, I won't do that the next time or ever again. 

Of course, as I said, we have a ways to go yet and I realize it's never eaten as hot as it's served but our democracy works only as well and hard as we do--and Out here in the middle, it's getting lonesome and not just a little scary as we keep shouting at, instead of speaking to, one another. 

It's getting so hard to hear ourselves think, I fear we may have finally stopped.
-bill kenny 

No comments:

Somewhere Santayana Grimaces

Do you know what a bellend is? See? Learn something new every day. Here's someone who is a perfect representation of both definitions, ...