Monday, December 1, 2025

Last Month of the Year

As a retiree, I have trouble keeping track of days of the week, time of day, and the minutaie of everyday life. Over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, I had a text wishing me a wonderful holiday and had to ask the person sending the well-wishes who it was. It was my oldest younger sister, Ouch.

Anyway. New month, new me, well, not really, but you know what I mean. 

I sprang out of bed this morning at not nearly the crack of dawn (I spent decades getting up in the wee small hours convinced that whoever it was I was working for at the time would collapse if mine wasn't the first car in the lot in the morning and the last one at night. Such a dope.), checked my blood sugar and my blood pressure, then took all my morning meds (it's a full handful in case you were curious). 

I then got ready to do nothing. Not close to nothing, Not nearly nothing, but absolutely nothing while waiting for lunch. Well, except for reading this

Don't know about you, but I never realized how arduous time wasting could be unless you practice. The trouble with doing nothing or close to nothing is figuring out when you're finished. 
-bill kenny

No comments:

Lest We Forget

Sometimes important stuff gets lost in the revelry. This is Labor Day 2026, and we need to consider where we are and where we would be if th...