Tuesday, December 2, 2025

Unaccustomed As I Am to Bragging

Aside from something coming in the mail (or shipped, I don't know which), as of 1600 (4 PM) yesterday afternoon, I have finished my Christmas shopping for this year. A feat I have never in my seventy-three years of life on earth previously accomplished.

I'll pause to let that achievement sink in. 

Thank you. 

My gift wrapping is nearly this good. Nearly.

Okay, I only shopped for our children, their spouses, and my wife. 

I should advise them all in advance that I wrapped their gifts myself. I've become quite adept at this gift-wrapping thing after a crash course at the North Pole under the tutelage of the Jolly Old Elf Hisself.

I'm bracing for an outpouring of gratitude later this month. Bruce is right; it's hard to be a saint in the city.
-bill kenny

No comments:

Lest We Forget

Sometimes important stuff gets lost in the revelry. This is Labor Day 2026, and we need to consider where we are and where we would be if th...